Dieter Thurow is the Founder and Principal of Thurow Wealth Management, Inc., in Healdsburg, CA. As one of the North Bay’s premier #1031 Real Estate & Vineyard Exchange experts, his firm helps clients defer or save substantial taxes. His experience encompasses the Strategic Reinvestment of Exchange Proceeds, 1031 Exchanges, DSTs, REITs, Direct Private Placements, and Alternative Investments, among others.
Prior to founding TWM, Dieter managed the private holdings for several ultra-wealthy families. In that capacity, he was the CFO of Canada's largest owner of apartment properties and, a few years later, the Executive VP of one of the largest owners of office space in Manhattan. His extensive real estate experience enables his firm to navigate the essential Due Diligence process for all the investment solutions offered for the benefit of his clients.
- Bachelor of Science, Economics & Accounting, UCLA-with Honors.
- Master of Science in Management, Sloan Fellow, M.I.T.
- Independent Financial Advisor & Portfolio Manager since 1987.
- COO, Financial Planners Equity Corp., broker-dealer, Novato CA.
- Executive VP, Personal Holding Company, Manhattan’s second largest Owner of Office Space, NYC.
- Real Estate Investment Broker, Coldwell Banker, Newport Beach, CA.
- CFO, Personal Holding Company, Canada’s largest owner of Apartments, Toronto.
- CFO, German subsidiary of Levi Strauss & Co, Frankfurt, Germany.
- CPA, Auditor & Tax Consultant, Haskins & Sells, Los Angeles & San Francisco.
Licenses and Professional Designations:
- Investment Advisory Representative-Securities Licenses Series 7, 24, 27, 63.
- Personal Financial Specialist (American Institute of CPA’s).
- Life, Health, and Variable Annuity Agent (CA Insurance License #0740676).
- Certified Public Accountant -(CA CPA License #14116-inactive).
- Real Estate Broker (CA Real Estate License #00707084).